Changshu Expats Association
Welcome to Changshu Expat Association Forum ...
Please don't forget to register so we can forward you all the news and events that will be held ...
Keep in touch ...

HELPING OUT FOREIGNERS WITH TIPS, LOCATIONS AND OTHER USEFUL INFO ABOUT CHANGSHU CITY IN JIANGSU PROVINCE

HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Yet another newcomer

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
pirx
Humble Narrator
Humble Narrator

Location : Guomao Apartments West Tower, 176 Zhujiang Road, Changshu

PostSubject: Yet another newcomer   Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:39 pm

Greetings,

I am German, 49 years old and I moved from Shanghai to Changshu in mid July in order to establish a warehousing & processing location for heavy steel plates for the largest independent European steel distribution company.

My first trip to China was in 1986, from my base in Hong Kong for a month I traveled Guangzhou and Guilin. From 1988 - 1993 I lived and worked in Beijing, 1993 - 2003 I worked in Tokyo, Japan and since 2003 I have been working in Shanghai.

My background is in commodity trading, chemicals, pharmaceuticals, food/feed additives, all kinds of steel. During my career I worked for leading German, Swiss and American companies. My Japanese is negotiation-proof, spoken and written, thanks to the European Union Executive Training Programme in Japan, however, my Chinese leaves plenty of room for improvement, in spite of 9 months language study at a Shanghai university (上海理工大学)....at least I can read a lot.

The factory is at Xinghua Harbour in the CEDZ, but I live downtown in Changshu City.

Having visited here before only for site-selection, actually living here I was rather pleasantly surprised by Changshu. A thoroughly liveable and enjoyable place with a highly cultivated, friendly population, superbly clean with a charming old town. The first thing I did here was buying a bicycle and whenever I have time I ride my bike around Changshu to explore.

The only thing I dislike is the the scale-copy of the New York World Trade Center, even named after the original.

Other than that, great place, I love every minute here.

Looking forward to linking up with you for having a good time.

Cheers,
Thomas
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Toshiechan
Little Changshunese

PostSubject: "The world trade centre"   Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:18 pm

Those towers are SO distasteful! Shocked Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.wix.com/lelatyrenbur/design
Bud
Little Changshunese