Changshu Expats Association
Welcome to Changshu Expat Association Forum ...
Please don't forget to register so we can forward you all the news and events that will be held ...
Keep in touch ...

HELPING OUT FOREIGNERS WITH TIPS, LOCATIONS AND OTHER USEFUL INFO ABOUT CHANGSHU CITY IN JIANGSU PROVINCE

HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Xinjiang Restaurant on Yushanbeilu, just next to Fantajie

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
pirx
Humble Narrator
Humble Narrator

Location : Guomao Apartments West Tower, 176 Zhujiang Road, Changshu

PostSubject: Xinjiang Restaurant on Yushanbeilu, just next to Fantajie    Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:41 pm

Yesterday had dinner at that place. The restaurant was full of empty, only a group of Uygurs, apparently apparently affiliated with the owner, hung out there. My party did not like lamb, however, since this is the specialty to eat in a Xinjiang restaurant, my judgement of the food may not be adequate.

We ordered across the menu, chicken and beef dishes, veggies and xinjiang noodles. Overall, food quality was OK, service very fast, friendly and the bill was very moderate.

However, when you go to the (rather clean, both thumbs up) toilet, you pass by the kitchen. In my 23 years in Asia I have seen a lot of filthy kitchens, and this was another one of those. Given that the restaurant was basically empty, the conditions in the kitchen were shocking. It appeared that no cleaning, even picking up of fallen food or garbage, nor any other activity even remotely related to cleaning to had taken place in the recent history of this kitchen.

Unsurprisingly, the apparent owner of the restaurant spent the entire evening catching flies.

Your friend and humble narrator shall not return to that place.

I found 2 more Xinjiang restaurants on Liyanggang and will test one of them this weekend. I shall report here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Xinjiang Restaurant on Yushanbeilu, just next to Fantajie
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1