Changshu Expats Association
Welcome to Changshu Expat Association Forum ...
Please don't forget to register so we can forward you all the news and events that will be held ...
Keep in touch ...

HELPING OUT FOREIGNERS WITH TIPS, LOCATIONS AND OTHER USEFUL INFO ABOUT CHANGSHU CITY IN JIANGSU PROVINCE

HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Moving from Seattle to Changshu in June

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
amandawhite
Little Changshunese

PostSubject: Moving from Seattle to Changshu in June   Tue May 14, 2013 4:36 pm

Hello! I am moving from Seattle in the USA to Changshu in the beginning of June (as long as everything goes ok with my visa) to teach English. I have heard that the company I will be working for does not give a ton of assistance for those new to China. I would love to contact someone who might give me some suggestions about moving to Changshu. What are some good neighborhoods to look in for a cheap, smaller, but clean apartment for a single person? How easy is it to get around on public transportation when you don't speak/read a word of Mandarin? I'm so intrigued by everything I've read about living in this region of China and I think I will love it. Some assistance getting acquainted with the city as a newcomer to China, however, would be much appreciated!

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ding
Little Changshunese

PostSubject: Re: Moving from Seattle to Changshu in June   Thu May 16, 2013 12:16 am

Hello Amanda,

1. your company wont provide too much help but i believe most of your colleagues/students will be happy to help you. Chinese love Americans, and you are from Seattle!
2. for rental apartment. do you have a budget in mind? It will narrow down the serach. there are many local housing agents you can look for help (they dont speak english but if you ask your colleague/student for assistance.)
3. we have public bus and taxi but like many Chinese 2'nd tier 3'rd tier cities they are not well managed. But you can eaily get around with a bike becasue the downtown area is not so big.
4. If you were not able to find a helping colleague/student, I would humbly recommend you consider my service:)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Goodfella
Little Changshunese

PostSubject: Re: Moving from Seattle to Changshu in June   Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:13 pm

Welcome to Changshu, Amanda. I've been in Changshu three years and love it. I can help you find your way around here cause I know it can be hard, and I know exactly what you mean about schools kind of forcing you to figure this all out for yourself. Sounds like you're already here, so PM if you ever need anything. I'm from So Cal, by the way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Moving from Seattle to Changshu in June   

Back to top Go down

Moving from Seattle to Changshu in June
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1