Changshu Expats Association
Welcome to Changshu Expat Association Forum ...
Please don't forget to register so we can forward you all the news and events that will be held ...
Keep in touch ...

HELPING OUT FOREIGNERS WITH TIPS, LOCATIONS AND OTHER USEFUL INFO ABOUT CHANGSHU CITY IN JIANGSU PROVINCE

HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Moving to Changshu in September 2015 from India

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
hemantsharma
Little Changshunese

PostSubject: Moving to Changshu in September 2015 from India   Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:05 am

Hi Everyone,
I am likely to move to Changshu in September. I would appreciate if I can be provided some information on following:
- what are good places to rent an apartment?
- how much a furnished apartment will cost?
-what will be temperatures from September to March?
Thanking you in advance,
Best Regards,
Hemant
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mattcoq
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Moving to Changshu in September 2015 from India   Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:51 pm

Hi Hemant,

First of all, welcome to this forum and soon welcome to Changhsu ...

1) There are several good places where to live in Changshu, but all will depend on what you are looking for (close to downtown, shopping centers or a quiet zone) and where you will be commuting to office ....

2) Furnished appartement prices

You will find different options depending on size, locations, etc ....

Guess you should expect something ranging between 4000 to 8000 RMB per month, even though you can find higher rents ...

FYI : Usually owners request a full year payment ... Still can be negotiate, but it is what happens usually

3) Temperatures between September to March :

It can still be hot in September and October (30°C during the day, but goes down between 15°C to 20°C at night)

Then in goes down from November to March between 5°C and 15°C ... Not that cold but the humidity level makes it feel low ...

-----

Provide more info on point 1 and I will be able to deliver a more precise answer ...

Keep in touch,

Matthieu
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://changshu.freeforumsblog.com
mattcoq
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Moving to Changshu in September 2015 from India   Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:52 pm

Hi Hemant,

First of all, welcome to this forum and soon welcome to Changhsu ...

1) There are several good places where to live in Changshu, but all will depend on what you are looking for (close to downtown, shopping centers or a quiet zone) and where you will be commuting to office ....

2) Furnished appartement prices

You will find different options depending on size, locations, etc ....

Guess you should expect something ranging between 4000 to 8000 RMB per month, even though you can find higher rents ...

FYI : Usually owners request a full year payment ... Still can be negotiate, but it is what happens usually

3) Temperatures between September to March :

It can still be hot in September and October (30°C during the day, but goes down between 15°C to 20°C at night)

Then in goes down from November to March between 5°C and 15°C ... Not that cold but the humidity level makes it feel low ...

-----

Provide more info on point 1 and I will be able to deliver a more precise answer ...

Keep in touch,

Matthieu
Back to top Go down
hemantsharma
Little Changshunese

PostSubject: Re: Moving to Changshu in September 2015 from India   Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:54 pm

Hi Matthieu,
Thanks for the information.
My place of work will be outside Changsu City - probably 30 min or less drive (somewhere near where S338 crosses G-15 on the map). We would like a moderately quiet zone, as the the some of the daily necessities should be witching walking distance for my wife. We are looking for apartment with 3 bedrooms or 3 bedroom and a study. I would appreciate if you can indicate how much we should budget for it?
Also, I need to bring my dog with me. Is there any website, which can suggest the procedure for bring it along with us?
Thanking you in advance,
Best Regards,
Hemant
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mattcoq
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Moving to Changshu in September 2015 from India   Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:06 am

Hi Hemant,

You'll be working in the CEDZ then, basically indeed a 30 / 40 minutes to commute.

For the apartment size, I would say that you will be roughly around 8000 / 10000 RMB per month ...

What I suggest you since there aren't any online agencies to check the housing possibilities, is to rent a service appartement in Crowne Plaza for a month and during that time check out several locations ....

If you haven't been to Changshu yet or if you did, but didn't get the chance to get a real grasp of the city's geography, a month would be good for you to understand it clearly and find the exact location for your needs.

For your dog, I don't have in hand the procedures an the requirement for its entry in China, but i'll try to look it up and get back to you as soon as possible.

Keep in touch

Matthieu
Back to top Go down
MOUM
Little Changshunese

PostSubject: Hi!   Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:24 pm

Hi Hemant:

Isnt that nice? I am moving in August 1, to Changshu too - from Mumbai, India.
I will be teaching at United World College, Changshu and will stay on campus.

Im sure we'll meet.

Mou
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Moving to Changshu in September 2015 from India   

Back to top Go down

Moving to Changshu in September 2015 from India
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1